Social distancing in the time of COVID-19 has accelerated the growth of digital marketing, with social media as critical mode of sharing important information about your practice and connecting with patients. An effective digital marketing strategy is a must-have to expand your practice in 2021.
Take a look at these six simple tips to help your practice stay competitive in 2021:
1. Use social media platforms where you’ll get the most traffic: Facebook has a broad audience, but you need to choose the platform where your target audience is most likely to be found. For more information on which social media platform is best for your practice please click here.
2. Conduct a Webinar: With increased online activity due to most people working from home or schooling from home, many would be more inclined to take part in webinars that provide health-related information related to your practice. This can build trust in your brand and highlight what is unique about your service. For more information on conducting a webinar, please click here.
3. Update Your Practice Information across all Web Profiles: In today’s healthcare marketplace, getting accurate information out to patients can be a challenge. Updating your profile can help maintain a consistent image of your practice, so patients can find you easily on the internet. For more information please click here.
4. Get Improve Your Online Reputation by Increasing Patient Reviews: About 90% of patients use online reviews to evaluate doctors.1 Managing your online reputation will continue to be key as we move into 2021. Patients want a doctor they can trust, and they do their due diligence by reading what past patients have to say about the care they receive. For more information on improving online reviews, please click here.
5. Use Hashtags: Publishing a related blog post or sharing an article will likely get more visibility in social media when those topics are trending. More information about hashtags, please click here.
6. Plan Ahead: Plan a couple months ahead so you can take advantage of upcoming holidays or events that may be trending on social media platforms. Utilize social media management platforms such as Hootsuite to schedule posts on one or more of your social media pages. The frequency of your posts should be consistent. Whether it’s 2, 3 or 5 posts per week, set up a schedule and follow it.
Not sure how to get started? Your Practice Online can help you with a customized, content plan for social media posting. Check out our marketing resource center, complete with a sample social media calendar here.