The advent of smartphones has given rise to an always-need-to-be-connected consumer(1).With consumers always on the go and the mobile market backing this trend with innumerable apps that provide information at your fingertips, it is not surprising that the mobile can serve as a great platform to extend online information, primarily accessible on desktops and laptops, onto a mobile device. Furthermore, the decline of PCs and domination of mobile phones in many countries, further accentuates the need for a mobile-friendly website in order to maintain an online presence(2).
As all other industries, the healthcare industry has embarked on the benefits of mobile-friendly websites. With connected health being promoted aggressively towards better care outcomes(3), the industry has witnessed the start of a new means of delivering health – mobile health or mHealth. The widespread use of mobile phones facilitates the communication between the healthcare provider and patient.
There is a constant increase in the number of mobile users and Google searches for mobile-friendly websites. Let’s have a look at the advantages of having a mobile-friendly website:
- Websites load faster
- Mobile data usage is less
- Mobile battery consumption is much less
- Graphic flash files can be easily viewed
- Facilitates connectivity from multiple devices
- Enhances Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Saves time and money
- Compatible with all devices
Every healthcare professional should make sure his/her site is a Responsive Web Design (RWD), a web presence that is user-friendly for mobile devices. Be ahead of your competitors and give your patients the advantage that will improve your practice and overall delivery of care. There is no doubt that RWD is an added advantage for doctors. Here are the reasons why:
- It is easier for patients to review about the practice centre using their smartphones.
- Patients can easily book an appointment through smartphones.
- Recent updates on website as well as social media will directly reach the patients.
Your website helps to build your brand presence online and establish a relationship between you and your patients.
Here are some interesting stats to just prove how important is it to have a mobile-friendly website for your practice:
Need more information on developing mobile-friendly websites? Contact Your Practice Online today.
- Deloitte. 2015 Global Mobile Consumer Survey: US Edition. . December 9, 2015. Accessed January 20, 2016.
- Google. Mobile Friendly Websites. Updated December 4, 2015. Accessed January 20, 2016.
- HIMSS. mHealth. Accessed January 20, 2016.